Pages

welcome to my condition... saye dyla..tuan punye rumah...note: i'm using broken english in this blog...yup'' no doubt.. ouhh yeahh..hahaha''''..

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Eating for Beautiful Skin


They say that our face is our window to the world. So no wonder we want to keep it clean and clear. Beauty is not just about how you wear your makeup, it's also about taking care of your skin and looking after yourself. Your skin is a direct reflection of your health. You are what you eat. I'm sure you guys have heard this before. My mum often tells me "You must eat LOTS of fruit and vegetables if you want beautiful skin" and she was right! As hard as it sounds, we should try to avoid eating too much foods that are high in sugar, fat and salt. Your skin will thank you (not literally but visually).

Let me tell you that I am not a girl that believes in diets. I LOVE enjoying good food but I do try to keep a healthy and balanced diet these days. 

Beautiful skin means a good intake of...
Vitamin A
When your body is lacking in Vitamin A, your skin can become dry, dull and even itchy. Foods that contain Vitamin A includes broccoli, peaches, apriocots, spinach and carrots. 







Vitamin C
Most of us look for beauty products that contain lots of Vitamin C (because it keeps skin firm) but forget that a good intake of it in our diet also benefits us. Vitamin C is needed for development of collagen which keeps our skin high in elasticity. Foods high in Vitamin C include tomatoes, oranges, strawberries and broccoli. 



Vitamin E
This helps to fight against free radicals because it is an antioxidant. It prevents aging of the skin because it regenerates the skin cells. Foods high in this vitamin include sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, avocado, pine nuts and wheat germ.


Zinc
I love my starfruits because they contain generous amounts of zinc. It works extremely well with vitamin A in making collagen and elastin to keep our skin firm. Foods high in zinc include starfruit, beans, nuts and cereal.

Water
The crucial element to life and healthy skin. Water cleanses the skin by flushing toxins out of the body. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day for clear and hydrated skin.



Here are some foods to avoid:

White refined flours
Can lead to skin inflammation (also makes me feel bloated and tired bohoo!)

Processed food
They contain lots of chemicals and often leads the face looking puffy and dry.

Caffeine

I'm glad I'm not a coffee drinker because it dehydrates the skin. 


Drinking Green Tea
Our lifestyle can be hectic sometimes and we can't always be sure that we'll be able to eat foods that benefit our skin. This is why I swear by Green Tea. It detoxes my body by flushing out toxins and when body is cleansed, it reflects on the skin. It also protects the skin from free radicals thus protecting skin from wrinkles and aging. 

I hope this was helpful for you all! Until next time, take care.

Much love,

No comments: