Pages

welcome to my condition... saye dyla..tuan punye rumah...note: i'm using broken english in this blog...yup'' no doubt.. ouhh yeahh..hahaha''''..

Sunday, November 13, 2011

BEST DIY MASK EVER!

If you guys follow me on Twitter or have read my previous diary posts, you will know that my skin has been suffering painful rashes. My family is convinced that I'm allergic to some sort of food (my dad has been taking us out to different restaurants these few weeks and everybody thinks it's the seafood). While medicated creams has helped my rashes to heal, it has also caused my skin to become dry like the desert.

I've blacked out my eyes but you guys can obviously tell it's me. You can see that my skin is so dry that it's caused dry patches on my face. I also had lots of pimples on my forehead caused by the extreme dryness (that causes skin to become oily). I took this picture with my webcam so it didn't pick up as much detail but trust me guys, it looked much worse in real life. 

What happens when skin is extremely dry?
When skin is severely dry, it can lead to cracking and peeling. My scaly skin felt rough and looked red. When skin is stripped in moisture (medicated creams stripped the oil from my face), it will begin to produce sebum to combat the dryness. This actually leads to skin becoming very oily but also dry at the same time. What I was left with was scaly dry skin AND lots of pimples around my face. In my forehead alone were at least 50 or so tiny pimples. 
 
When products don't work
I used expensive moisturizers to help hydrate my skin but they didn't help. I tried to exfoliate away the dead skin cells but it didn't help the fact that my skin is still dry on the inside. I used hydrating sheet masks but again, it didn't do very much. I tried different types of facial masks but again, none of them really helped my skin.  My skin was still very dry and itchy with lots of pimples. Yes, I was quite frustrated. 

A solution
Today I went grocery shopping. Yes, I felt hideous but life goes on and I still have errands to do like most people. I picked up a tub of natural yogurt because I remembered that it's been a while (a month) since I used yogurt on my skin. I talk about natural yogurt so much and I'm sure you guys are sick of me going on and on about it but serious guys, IT'S THE SHIZ! Why didn't I put this stuff on my face earlier? How could I have forgotten? I've always used yogurt to pamper my skin that I forgot that it also helps to CURE skin problems. 

The Simple but Effective DIY Beauty Recipe
1 dessert spoon of natural yogurt
1 dessert spoon of oatmeal (helps to treat acne)

Mix together so it forms a paste
Using a clean foundation brush, apply a thick layer on the face. Wait about 25 minutes or until it dries and then rinse off with lukewarm water. 
Results
After rinsing my face, I could tell right away by looking at my reflection on my mirror that my skin looked better. My skin immediately felt less tight and less bumpy. My boyfriend could tell right away that my face looked less red too. This is awesome because the redness was most problematic for me and to see that it was reduced by at least 30% really impressed me. Incredible! No cream or medicated product was able to give such amazing results instantly. Of course, I still have the pimples on my forehead but they look less red for sure and they will eventually go away on it's own. Right now, my skin needs to be hydrated again for the pimples to disappear. Most of all, my skin is not as itchy as it was before. Absolutely amazed and pleased with the results. 
I took this picture after my 3rd time using the DIY yogurt remedy. Can you guys tell that my skin looks less red and bumpy? I still have some pimples on my forehead but they are definitely less than before. I'm going to continue using this remedy on my face everyday for another 7 days. After, I'll show you guys the results of the natural yogurt & oatmeal mask ^_^

Why everybody should try natural yogurt on their face
It brightens the skin, reduces redness, fades scars, tightens pores, treats blemishes, hydrates, anti-ageing, treats irritated skin, the list goes on. 

I'm just so excited to type this post for everybody who is dealing with irritated skin right now. I can't even explain how uncomfortable it was to deal with itchy peeling skin. My skin feels so comfortable right now and I don't cringe so much when I look at the mirror now. Hopefully I'll be able to film a video tomorrow now. Of course, I'm not just going to rely solely on facial masks. I'll still need to cleanse, tone and moisturise everyday.

Here are some suggestions if you are currently suffering from dry peeling skin or pimples:

  • As hard as it was for me, I had to force myself NOT to conceal the rashes, redness and bumps on my face. I felt hideous but I know that piling my face with makeup will just make it worse. Right now, you should let your skin recover by allowing it to breathe. Don't clog up pores even more with foundation and BB cream. I found that it just irritated my skin even more.
  • Next is to switch to a GEL formula moisturiser and ditch the cream moisturisers. If you have oily skin, it's best to avoid cream formulas because they can clog up pores even more. Gel formulas ofter hydration without causing the skin to feel heavy. 
  • Tie your hair up. Don't let your fringe/bangs drape over your forehead causing the problem to be worsened. My face felt so itchy whenever my hair got into my face so I shoved my hair into a ponytail as much as I could.
  • Don't over cleanse your face. If you over cleanse, that just makes the problem worse because you're drying out your skin causing your skin to produce more oil glands (thus becoming oilier and breaking out). Cleanse your skin in the morning, perhaps mid-day (after school/work) and before bedtime. Use a gentle cleanser. Cetaphil caters a skincare range that cleanses the face without drying or irritating the skin.
  • Don't be too upset over bad skin. Realise you're not alone because nobody is perfect. Your skin will heal in it's own time and stressing over it will only worsen the condition. Today when I went out, I was worried that people would look at me and laugh so I wore a hat. Turns out everybody was too busy doing their own thing to notice how my face is looking. 
  • DON'T take hot baths. It just encourages water to evaporate essential oils away from your face. 
  • Try to not leave aircon on because it dries out the skin like crazy. I leave my humidifier to moisten the air. It's actually makes the room breezy & cool ^.^


    Ok guys, hope you found this post helpful. Until next time, take care!

No comments: